Tuesday, September 22, 2009

metal: the universal language

First, summer is over. Bummer. And now we can begin. I've had a love hate relationship with chain stores, Best Buy, and the way they've abandoned physical music. Actual CD's. Only stocking too few copies of good music and braking the bank on crap. And you need four rows and a kiosk of G&R's waist of ten years? Okay? Every week Pop and Hop-Hop (Love lots of Hip-Hop that's not on the radio) dribble gets prime shelve space and supply while actual good music gets barely ten copies. Now I know that everyone thinks their music selection is better than everyone else so I know this argument can be combated by a simple; uh-huh. But, I digress I could bore all with many arguments on modern music and the business but I will end here...

The real post is how of all music genres metal seems to be a universal language among people. Once you find out some is into metal, real metal not that radio-rock-friendly-crap but, real metal. A friendship is formed even if you don't agree on all your discussion topics you know you just meet someone else like you that walks among the world. I met a metal friend today and at a time when I was going to abandon all hope for the yellow tag and start a long trek to find music elsewhere which where I live would cause much headache. Even among my close friends I am alone on talking about metal and my list of metal heads is my brother who lives out of state and my wonderful girlfriends brother. So I am glad to find a new metal friend.

Metal I've grabbed of recent:

Black Dahlia Murder "Deflorate"
Bury Your Dead "Nothing Personal"
Every Time I Die "New Junk Aesthetic"
Job For A Cowboy "Ruination"

1 comment:

the blonde said...

the bands you listen to always amaze me....sometimes I even like them :)