Wednesday, September 9, 2009

holga

I've been trying to explore photography as an outlet for my art for a little over a year. I've made some progress, little, but it's a work in progress. The goals of tackling photography as an artistic growth and a hobby are too; in a short list.

To become...

...more spontaneous with my art.
...more in the moment.
...better with composition.
...strengthen my artistic eye.
...crack out of my shell.*

*The last one is the most important. I become very closed off while working on my art. Not closed off to the world but I am very seclusive. Not that it is a bad thing but to grow as an artist I need to become more open and capture art as I see it. Not lock myself in my room by myself.

So after months of me talking my girlfriends ear off about a crazy plastic camera called a HOLGA. My wonderful girlfriend bought me one for Valentines of '08. I've been using and loving my HOLGA ever since especially after the breaking of my digital I've exclusively been using my green plastic camera.

I have recently updated my Lomo Home, a digital place to post and share my HOLGA and other analog pics taken on the brands of Lomography. So I invite all over and share in my growing as a photographer. My Lomo Home.

It will also be added to my side bar under the My.. heading. Enjoy

No comments: