Sunday, May 10, 2009

on the work desk: 0002

"Slow and steady wins the race." A quote common among my group of friends and taken from our long time friend and former cross country coach. A quote that applies to running and drinking and most recently the completion of my comics and other art adventures.

This is page 5 of The Skateboard Diaries and the page that I've given the most and has taken the most from me.



I finished page 6 in the time it took me to simply draw (in pencil) page 5. And though there are tiny mistakes in each panel this page was a hurtle to overcome as much as it was a learning experience.

I still have the first two pages to complete (scenery) that I hope to complete this coming week so I can scan, color (black, white and shades of gray), add text, and design the finished book with cover and back cover. A simple six page mini comic that has taken some time to complete. But it is a learning process and I'll be better for it and a bit closer to make my hobby and passion a career.

Other News:

I picked up The Chariot Wars and Rumors of Wars and have enjoyed listening to it today with a bit of Deadliest Catch (the show) while finishing page 5 (the above image). I am looking forward to listening to The Chariot's new work for a long time to come.

No comments: