Sunday, September 16, 2012

Music for the Masses: 0003

My lovely wife and I were at the mall, that wretched place, for a bit today and I remembered that F.Y.E. was having a used media sale. I saw this a couple weeks back when I picked up The Chariot's One Wing but I digress. So, I mentioned this to my wife and being a huge music person too we decided to swing by and see if there where any good CD's to pick up and, oh where there. I piked up Shadows Fall Threads of Life and Motorheads Snake Bite Love, just a couple of great bands to fill the holes in my collection. I also picked up RZA's Bobby Digital which I remember coming out when I was a senior in high school. There was a lot of great hip/hop coming out in that time and I always regretted pacing this one up but, now I have it. I also pick up a CD from a band my partner at Side Quest Comic turned me on too.

It's a rare and splendid treat when someone introduces me to new music. The bands called the Meat Heads and they're an old-school punk/alternative band. My friends and I where up north canoeing over summer and we needed some tunes but we all had iPods and no one had a way to hook them to a busted-old stereo so, we had to resort to actual Cd's. I love physical media but I don't carry it with me anymore. But, my comic brethren did and had a Meat Heads CD (in my drunken state I don't remember the title) but I dug what I was hearing and when I saw one of their albums today I had to pick it up. I added Meat Heads No Joke! to my CD stack.

Side Bar: The thrift stores, Sal, and Goodwill are going to be on my radar a bit more when looking for some music scores. I picked up Voodoo Glow Skulls South California Street Music a few weeks back and it is a great ska album by a fantastic band. I haven't picked up one of their albums since Firme and it's great to hear that they haven't let up in the twelve years since then.

Oh, yeah...I'm back!

No comments: